Schaumburg

$21.99
Usually ships within 1 week.
  • Overview
  • Details
  • Author
Overview
Incorporated in 1956, the history of Schaumburg dates back to the mid-19th century when the area was settled by German immigrants. Originally known as Sarah's Grove, the name was never formally adopted, and until 1851 the area's official name was Township 41. Legend has it that during a township meeting in 1850, prominent German landowner Frederick Nerge put his fist down on the table and declared, "Schaumburg ichall et heiten!" meaning "It will be called Schaumburg" or literally "Schaumburg it shall be." Derived from the part of Germany where many residents had originated, the name stuck.
Details
ISBN: 9780738533506
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing
Date:
State: Illinois
Series: Images of America
Images: 200
Pages: 128
Dimensions: 6.5 (w) x 9.25 (h)
Author
Betsy Armistead has served as director of Cultural Services for the Village of Schaumburg, Illinois since 1985. She is currently chairman of the Village of Schaumburg's 1% for Art Committee and serves on the board of the Prairie Center Arts Foundation.