Hamilton County's Green Township

$21.99
  • Overview
  • Details
  • Author
Overview
The Green Township communities of Bridgetown, Covedale, Dent, Mack, Monfort Heights, and White Oak had their humble beginnings in 1809. By the early 1900s, Green Township was primarily a rural farming community. The advent of the streetcar, and eventually the automobile, made traveling much easier. New and improved roads and better cars in the 1930s and 1940s enabled workers to commute to Cincinnati or the industrial Millcreek Valley. With this growth, the west side expanded greatly with the building of new homes, schools, and churches. By 1940, there were 18,500 Green Township residents. By 1960, the number had grown to more than 37,300. The 2000 census listed 55,660 residents, making Green Township the second-largest township in Ohio.
Details
ISBN: 9780738541174
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing
Date:
State: Ohio
Series: Images of America
Images: 200
Pages: 128
Dimensions: 6.5 (w) x 9.25 (h)
Author
Jeff Lueders is a lifelong resident of Bridgetown. He worked closely with the Green Township Historical Association and its president, Paul Ruffing, in compiling these photographs. Lueders was the public affairs manager of LifeCenter Organ Donor Network for 13 years and is the author of Second Chances: Receiving the Gift of Life, describing his own heart transplant.