Colerain Township

$21.99
  • Overview
  • Details
  • Author
  • More About This Book
Overview
Colerain Township, the largest township in the state of Ohio, was founded in 1794. The first settlement in the township was in 1790, where John Dunlap and a small band of settlers built a little fort on the Great Miami River and named it Fort Coleraine. Later the settlement became known as Dunlap's Station. The township was primarily a rural farming area until the 1950s, when builders began to develop subdivisions. Businesses sprang up and shopping areas followed. From 1950 to 1960, the population almost quadrupled. Today Colerain is a bustling community with several shopping centers, major businesses, and around 63,000 residents.
Details
ISBN: 9780738584331
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing
Date:
State: Ohio
Series: Images of America
Images: 216
Pages: 128
Dimensions: 6.5 (w) x 9.25 (h)
Author
Frank Scholle lived in Colerain Township for over 50 years and Don Linz has been a resident since 1942. Both are past Grand Knights of LaSalle Council and Knights of Columbus, were instrumental in starting the Taste of Colerain in 1990, and have been publishing the Colerain Township calendar since 1998. They worked closely with the Coleraine Historical Society to compile this history.
More About This Book