Legendary Locals of North Ridgeville

$21.99
  • Overview
  • Details
  • Author
  • More About This Book
Overview
It was 1810 when a group of men from Connecticut roved west to Ohio, establishing the first permanent settlement in what became North Ridgeville. Led by David Beebe Sr., they foraged for food and shelter. The pioneer spirit of the aggregation sustained them and others who followed. Farming provided sustenance and many farms including those owned by the Solomons, Gerharts, and others have continued the tradition. Education was greatly respected and 10 school districts became part of the community's landscape. An early school still stands on Jaycox Road, where retired teachers Julie Bajda and Barb Sutton reenacted the roles of teachers from earlier times. The former Buffalo Trail became Center Ridge Road, the city's main thoroughfare, and, in 1960, the township developed into a city governed by a mayor, council, and various department heads. Businesses, such as Buescher's Hardware and the Bogner Funeral Home opened and remain today. Groups of residents cultivated interests into organizations with a goal of working together seamlessly for the good of the community.
Details
ISBN: 9781467101448
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing
Date:
State: Ohio
Series: Legendary Locals
Images: 158
Pages: 128
Dimensions: 6.5 (w) x 9.25 (h)
Author
Carol G. Klear, a retired newspaper reporter and editor, is an active member of the North Ridgeville Historical Society and has lived in North Ridgeville for 35 years.
More About This Book