Historic Saginaw Club

  • Overview
  • Details
  • Author
  • More About This Book
On April 18, 1889, a meeting was held for the purpose of organizing a social club for the local businessmen in Saginaw, Michigan. The organization was named the East Saginaw Club, and stock was sold at $100 a share. Bids were then submitted for property on which to build the clubhouse, and a site on Washington Avenue in downtown Saginaw was selected. The three-story building was to be an elegant setting for functions, with beautiful surroundings and walls that displayed wonderful and valuable artwork. In 1919, the original charter expired, the new articles of association were ratified, and a new name was chosen: the Saginaw Club. Today, the Saginaw Club has over 300 members and is known for its many traditions, particularly the club’s annual toast to the office of the president of the United States.
ISBN: 9781467104111
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing
State: Michigan
Series: Images of America
Images: 201
Pages: 128
Dimensions: 6.5 (w) x 9.25 (h)
Roberta Morey, a retired elementary school teacher, has written four previous books for Arcadia Publishing dealing with postcards of Saginaw and interesting local people. John Morey, a Saginaw Club member, is an owner of a surveying and engineering business in Saginaw. He is a former president of Saginaw’s Fordney Club, and he writes a flashback article dealing with Saginaw history for the Saginaw Club’s monthly newsletter.
More About This Book