Known as the “Paper City,” Johnsonburg is surrounded by trees and has made a living from wood. The city’s prime location at the juncture of the east and west branches of the Clarion River helped Elk County flourish.
In a new book by Arcadia Publishing, local author Dennis McGeehan uses over 200 vintage photographs to bring readers on a nostalgic journey down memory lane.
McGeehan hopes the book will “expand the interest, develop and new discussion about the history of Johnsonburg.”
Join the Author for a Book Signing!
Saturday, December 5
1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
5522 Shaffer Rd., DuBois, PA 15801
Highlights of Johnsonburg:
• Features never before seen vintage photographs from the archives of the Elk County Historical Society
• Showcases the Johnsonburg Paper Mill
• Includes images of the community of Wilcox, the East Branch Dam and many of Johnsonburg’s numerous floods
• Captures snapshots of Johnsonburg social life and human interest photographs
• Covers Johnsonburg’s logging industry and military history
Available at area bookstores, independent retailers, and online retailers, or through Arcadia Publishing at (888)-313-2665 or www.arcadiapublishing.com.
Arcadia Publishing is the leading publisher of local and regional history in the United States. Our mission is to make history accessible and meaningful through the publication of books on the heritage of America’s people and places. Have we done a book on your town? Visit www.arcadiapublishing.com.