Established in 1753, Upper Saucon Township was originally called “Crossroads” because of its connections to the areas around it. Coopersburg petitioned to become a distinct borough in 1879 and was named “the town of possibilities” that brought attention to the area with its industries and annual cattle sale.
In over 200 vintage photographs, local author Kelly Ann Butterbaugh takes readers on a nostalgic journey down memory lane.
Butterbaugh hopes the book has “preserved some of these facts and created a sort of snapshot of the community in its earlier days.”
Highlights of Upper Saucon Township and Coopersburg:
• Features never before seen vintage photographs from both public and private collections
• Informs readers of the vital connection Center Valley and Coopersburg had to the surrounding area
• Contacts images of landmarks under construction, such as Limeport Stadium, the Carmelite Monastery and the Friedensville Mine
• Shows the personality of the township’s founding families through photos of residents and their families
Available at area bookstores, independent retailers, and online retailers, or through Arcadia Publishing at (888)-313-2665 or www.arcadiapublishing.com.
Arcadia Publishing is the leading publisher of local and regional history in the United States. Our mission is to make history accessible and meaningful through the publication of books on the heritage of America’s people and places. Have we done a book on your town? Visit www.arcadiapublishing.com.