Georgian Court University

$19.99
  • Overview
  • Details
  • Author
  • Reviews
Overview
Georgian Court University is a pictorial history of the university from its founding in 1908 by the Sisters of Mercy under the title College of MountSt. Mary. Originally located in Plainfield, the school relocated in 1924 to a former country estate of millionaire George Jay Gould in Lakewood.Retaining the estate title at the request of the Gould family, the Sisters of Mercy renamed the school Georgian Court College. With continuousgrowth of enrollment, programs, technology, and personnel, the college was designated Georgian Court University by the state in 2004. This centennial book, using the mission of the university as its theme, captures the traditional commitments of the university: a comprehensive liberal arts program in the Roman Catholic tradition; an environment conducive to the cultural, social, and spiritual growth of the entire university community; the core values of justice, respect, integrity, compassion, and service; and a special concern for women.
Details
ISBN: 9780738549620
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing
Date:
State: New Jersey
Series: Campus History
Images: 200
Pages: 128
Dimensions: 6.5 (w) x 9.25 (h)
Author
Edwarda Barry, RSM, Ph.D., is a member of the Sisters of Mercy and an alumna of the university. A former faculty member, department chair, and university trustee, the author currently serves as university historian.
Reviews