Essex and Middle River

Currently out of stock. Please check back soon.
  • Overview
  • Details
  • Author
  • More About This Book
The origins of Essex and Middle River can be traced back to the early 1800s, though Essex did not attain an official community name until 1908. The area grew rapidly, particularly because of the Glenn L. Martin Company, which employed more than 53,000 residents during World War II.
ISBN: 9780738553047
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing
State: Maryland
Series: Then and Now
Images: 200
Pages: 96
Dimensions: 6.5 (w) x 9.25 (h)
M. Linda Martinak and Angela Martinak Sutherland spent much of their lives as residents of Essex. Drawing on their father's collection and others, they compiled this title to depict the dramatic changes in these two communities.
More About This Book