Elk Grove Village

$19.99
  • Overview
  • Details
  • Author
  • More About This Book
Overview
Prior to 1956, the area now known as Elk Grove Village was a massive cornfield. On July 17, 1956, Elk Grove Village was incorporated as a village, with a population of 116. Since that time, the growth of the village can only be described as phenomenal. Over 50 years, the village has dramatically changed since those early days of cornfields. The name Elk Grove Village was adopted from the great number of elk that roamed through the fenced-in portion of Busse Woods, along Arlington Heights Road, south of the Northwest Tollway. American Indians called the region Wapiti, meaning "elk."
Details
ISBN: 9780738561653
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing
Date:
State: Illinois
Series: Images of America
Images: 200
Pages: 128
Dimensions: 6.5 (w) x 9.25 (h)
Author
Nancy Colby is an active member of the Elk Grove Village Italian Sister City Organization, for which she is in charge of public relations. Kelly Behnke is heavily involved in several community organizations and continues to create an elementary school yearbook for a local public school. Both have been residents for over 20 years. All of the royalties from the book will benefit the Elk Grove Village Italian Sister City Organization.
More About This Book