Minot State University
9780738560472Regular price $24.99 Sale price $12.50 Save 50%
In 1913, the State Normal School at Minot opened its temporary residence at the newly constructed Minot Armory with 11 faculty and 55 students. Site selection, reductions in funding, construction problems, litigation, and a tornado had delayed the opening of campus facilities. In 1914, the partially completed campus opened for classes. Hard economic times in the predominantly rural state delayed further construction until 1924, when the normal school received collegiate status and was renamed the State Teacher's College at Minot. Minot State University is located in the beautiful Mouse River valley on the drift prairie of North Dakota and has been inextricably linked to the landscape, community, and state of which it is a part. This volume commemorates its origin and dynamic evolution through World War II and serves as a centennial tribute to the faculty, staff, administration, and students that created this premier institution on the northern Great Plains.